BOSTON - The Dickinson women's squash team picked up wins at the top and bottom portions of the ladder, but could not find a rhythm in the middle flights as the Red and White dropped a hard-fought 5-4 decision to the William Smith Herons in the Walker Cup final on Sunday morning at the College Squash Association Women's Team Championships.
Inside the Match
At the top spot, Amna Fayyaz completed a perfect 3-0 weekend for a four-game win over Marcela Marquez. In the number two slot, Lindsay Kuracina took an early 2-0 lead but was unable to hold on as Laila Selim took the next three (11-6, 12-10, 12-10). Courtney Trail grabbed another DC win at number three by knocking off Diya Moolani. In another match that could have tipped things in Dickinson's favor Eloise Nimoityn went the distance at the fifth flight, however, came up just short 11-9 in the deciding game. The Herons secured the win with victories in the fourth, sixth, and seventh flights. However, the Red and White did add two more wins at spots eight and nine thanks to Jocelyn Feliciano and Ellissa Goldman.
- Amna Fayyaz (DC) over Marcela Marquez (WS) - 11-3, 11-7, 8-11, 11-4
- Laila Selim (WS) over Lindsay Kuracina (DC) - 5-11, 4-11, 11-6, 12-10, 12-10
- Courtney Trail (DC) over Diya Moolani (WS) - 11-8, 9-11, 12-10, 11-4
- Lark Ervasti (WS) over Anna O'Connor (DC) - 11-7, 11-7, 12-10
- Shante Frank (WS) over Eloise Nimoityn (DC) - 11-9, 8-11, 5-11, 11-9, 11-9
- Jada Smith-Padmore (WS) over Whitney Finney (DC) - 11-5, 3-11, 11-9, 11-4
- Joana Pacheco (WS) over Cate Moll (DC) - 11-6, 11-5, 12-10
- Jocelyn Feliciano (DC) over Molly Wachter (WS) - 11-7, 11-5, 10-12, 11-4
- Ellissa Goldman (DC) over Erin Griffis (WS) - 11-6, 11-7, 11-7