BOSTON - The Dickinson women's squash team showed depth at all levels of the ladder on Saturday morning to earn a comfortable 6-3 win over the rival Franklin & Marshall College in the semifinals of the Walker Cup on day two of the College Squash Association Women's Team Championships at Harvard University.
Inside the Match
The Red and White claimed wins at three of the first four flights with Amna Fayyaz, Anna O'Connor, and Courtney Trail all picking up 3-0 wins. Lindsay Kuracina at the number two slot was unable to hold onto an early 1-0 lead against Aryaa Ogale as she fell in four. Jocelyn Feliciano and Ellissa Goldman also had no problem taking care of their opposition at the eighth and ninth flights winning by scores of 3-0. Whitney Finney won a competitive four-game affair against Zoe Quayle, while Cate Moll and Eloise Nimoityn both came up on the short-end of hard-fought contests.
- Amna Fayyaz (DC) over Audrey Berling (F&M) - 11-4, 11-6, 11-6
- Aryaa Ogale (F&M) over Lindsay Kuracina (DC) - 11-13, 11-4, 11-8, 11-2
- Courtney Trail (DC) over Emily Knapp (F&M) - 11-7, 11-2, 11-9
- Anna O'Connor (DC) over Catherin Costin (F&M) - 11-8, 11-8, 12-10
- Zarine Gidwaney (F&M) over Eloise Nimoityn (DC) - 11-9, 6-11, 6-11, 11-8, 11-5
- Whitney Finney (DC) over Zoe Quayle (F&M) - 11-8, 10-12, 12-10, 11-2
- Pratiksha Mishra (F&M) over Cate Moll (DC) - 11-13, 11-7, 11-5, 11-9
- Jocelyn Feliciano (DC) over Gabby Ramos (F&M) - 11-6, 11-4, 12-10
- Ellissa Goldman (DC) over Iman Jaikishan (F&M) - 11-7, 11-2, 11-8
Next on the Court
Dickinson will now meet the William Smith Herons tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. for the Walker Cup title. The Red and White are playing some of their best squash of the season now and will try to avenge an earlier 6-3 loss to the Herons.