PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Dickinson men's squash team dominated the first five fights, but were unable to keep the momentum rolling in the later slots as the Amherst College Mammoths showed off their depth later to earn a 5-4 win on night one of the College Squash Association National Championships hosted by the University of Pennsylvania.
Inside the Match
Dickinson began the match by getting a 3-1 win from Oosie Imoro after he came by from a 1-0 deficit against Abhimanyu Gupta at the fifth flight. In the number three slot Mark Naguib stormed back from a 2-0 hole to force a fifth and decisive game versus Neal Malani but ultimately came up just short 17-15. Kobe Fleming also would go the distance with Kedar Nagaraj at the fourth flight overcoming a 2-1 deficit to pick up a 3-2 win. Nicolas Serna and Omar Ali each picked up shutouts at the top two spots.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Robinson Armour (AC) - 11-3, 11-8, 11-4
- Omar Ali (DC) over Adam Lichtmacher (AC) - 11-5, 11-8, 11-7
- Neal Malani (AC) over Mark Naguib (DC) - 11-3, 11-5, 8-11, 7-11, 17-15
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Kedar Nagaraj (AC) - 3-11, 11-3, 7-11, 11-6, 11-4
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Abhimanyu Gupta (AC) - 10-12, 12-10, 11-8, 11-2
- Nathaniel Mosse (AC) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-9, 11-7, 11-4
- Matthew Granovsky (AC) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 11-7, 11-7, 11-5
- Andrew Leung (AC) over Ben Gemma (DC) - 11-8, 11-3, 13-11
- Pavan Nagaraj (AC) over Bradley Hennessy (DC) - 11-7, 11-3, 13-11
Next on the Court
Dickinson returns to action tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. when they take on Brown University at day two of the College Squash Association Championships at the University of Pennsylvania.