HAVERFORD, Pa. - The Dickinson men's squash team split a pair of matches on Saturday at the Centennial Conference Round Robin hosted by Haverford College. The Red and White rolled in their opener 9-0, before coming up short 6-3 to Franklin & Marshall College.
Match One: DEVILS 9, Fords 0
Inside the Match
For the second match in a row, the Red and White kept their opponents off the board winning all nine contests 3-0. Dickinson limited their competition to single digits in every game, except for the third game at the sixth flight when Aidan Ray had to go to 12-10 to topple John Collins. The quickest game of the match came courtesy of Nicolas Serna at the top spot as he downed Quinton Ayres Crawford 11-1 to seal the victory.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Quinton Ayres Crawford (HC) - 11-5, 11-7, 11-1
- Omar Ali (DC) over Noah Tunis (HC) - 11-3, 11-4, 11-4
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Peter Lehv (HC) - 11-6, 11-5, 11-8
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Minor Reedich (HC) - 11-3, 11-9, 11-3
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Benjamin Schiltz (HC) - 11-4, 11-3, 11-8
- Aidan Ray (DC) over John Collins (HC) - 11-8, 11-5, 12-10
- Patrick Noonan (DC) over Alden Weinberg (HC) - 11-7, 11-8, 11-8
- Sam Knipp (DC) over Garret Fantini (HC) - 11-4, 11-6, 11-6
- Ben Gemma (DC) over Aaron Witkin (HC) - 11-5, 11-8, 11-9
Match Two: Diplomats 6, DEVILS 3
Inside the Match
Ali earned a win for Dickinson at the second flight as he knocked off Aryan Parekh who was forced to retire in the middle of the third game trailing 6-2. In the number five slot, Imoro turned aside Michael Tallentire in four. Kobe Fleming and Jordan Sprecher traded games before Fleming picked up an 11-6 win in the fifth. Gemma, Naguib, and Serna each took a game off their opponent but fell in four.
- Petr Nohel (F&M) over Nicolas Serna (DC) - 9-11, 12-10, 12-10, 12-10
- Omar Ali (DC) over Aryan Parekh (F&M) - Retired
- Teddy Eill (F&M) over Mark Naguib (DC) - 4-11, 11-7, 11-9, 11-5
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Jordan Sprecher (F&M) - 11-6, 6-11, 11-9, 3-11, 11-6
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Michael Tallentire (F&M) - 8-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-6
- Flavio Hinostroza (F&M) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-6, 11-6, 11-3
- Allen Tompkins (F&M) over Patrick Noonan (DC) -
- Marco DiFilippo (F&M) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 11-2, 11-4, 11-4
- Evann Tan (F&M) over Ben Gemma (DC) - 11-7, 6-11, 11-6, 11-6
- Juanber Hinostroza (F&M) over Bradley Hennessy (DC) - 11-8, 11-9, 11-6
Next on the Court
The Red and White head to Philadelphia next Friday through Sunday for the College Squash Association National Championships at the Penn Squash Center on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania.