LANCASTER, Pa. - After dropping a tough 6-3 decision back on January 28th in Annapolis the Dickinson men's squash team got revenge on Sunday morning with a 5-4 win over the United States Naval Academy on day three of the Mid-Atlantic Squash championships.
Inside the Match
It was all Devils at the upper flights as the Red and White took the first four matches. Nicolas Serna, Omar Ali, and Mark Naguib each nabbed a 3-0 win over their competition. Then, at the fourth spot, Kobe Fleming took a 2-0 lead, before letting Ben Korn win game three. However, Fleming would not let his opponent any closer as he closed it out in the fourth 11-7. Navy earned victories at flights five through eight before Ben Gemma knocked off Benjamin Balser in three.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Ryan York (Navy) - 11-8, 13-11, 11-8
- Omar Ali (DC) over Millen Randell (Navy) - 17-15, 11-8, 11-7
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Matthew Wang (Navy) - 11-8, 12-10, 11-9
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Ben Korn (Navy) - 11-7, 11-5, 3-11, 11-7
- Henry Sparkman (Navy) over Oosie Imoro (DC) - 11-7, 11-8, 11-6
- Lucas Spiro (Navy) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-5, 11-7, 11-8
- Thomas Rankin (Navy) over Patrick Noonan (DC) - 7-11, 11-5, 6-11, 11-2, 11-6
- Gus Prager (Navy) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 12-10, 11-8, 11-8
- Ben Gemma (DC) over Benjamin Balser (Navy) - 11-4, 11-6, 11-9
- William Hyer (Navy) over Bradley Hennessy (DC) - 11-9, 7-11, 11-7, 11-6
Next on the Court
Dickinson returns to the Kline Squash Center on Friday night at 5:45 for Senior Night as they take on the Big Red of Denison University.