GENEVA, N.Y. - The Dickinson men's squash team concluded a busy weekend by knocking off the host Hobart College Statesmen at the Smith Squash Center on Sunday afternoon by a score of 6-3.
Inside the Match
The Red and Black dominated the match early winning the first five flights starting with Nicolas Serna grabbing a 3-0 win over Mohamed Abdelhafez at the number one spot. Omar Ali and Mark Naguib continued their strong play as they each won 3-0 in the second and third flights. At the fifth spot, Oosie Imoro earned a 3-1 victory against Giacomo Dalle Molle, while Kobe Fleming needed to go five games and rally back from a 2-0 hole in the number four slot to topple Joey Raskin Lantos. The Devils suffered a trio of 3-0 defeats at the sixth through eighth spots before Ben Gemma racked up a 3-1 triumph at the nine.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Mohamed Abdelhafez (HC) - 11-5, 11-5, 11-2
- Omar Ali (DC) over Omar Kiwan (HC) - 11-5, 11-2, 11-1
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Hussein Labib (HC) - 11-8, 11-7, 11-2
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Joey Raskin Lantos (HC) - 8-11, 6-11, 14-12, 11-8, 11-5
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Giacomo Dalle Molle (HC) - 11-7, 11-9, 7-11, 11-4
- Roberto Vega (HC) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-6, 11-6, 12-10
- James Mazzarelli (HC) over Patrick Noonan (DC) - 17-15, 11-7, 11-5
- Sayf Elhawary (HC) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 14-12, 11-7, 11-8
- Ben Gemma (DC) over Cameron Temoyan (HC) - 7-11, 11-7, 11-2, 11-6
- Bradley Hennessy (DC) over Quran Davis (HC) - 11-9, 11-8, 6-11, 11-5 (Not counted in team score)
Next on the Court
Dickinson (3-7) return to action on Friday at 5:30 p.m. when they head to Annapolis, Maryland to take on the United States Naval Academy.