PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Dickinson men's squash team battled hard all day long and was ultimately able to earn a split of two matches against Amherst College and Bates College on Saturday at the Penn Squash Center on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania.
Match One - Mammoths 5, Red Devils 4
Inside the Match
Four matches would go past three games with Omar Ali taking the No. 2 flight over Robinson Armour in four. However, the other three four-game matches would go the way of Amherst with C. Sutherby and Andrew Leung both rallying back from 1-0 deficits to overcome Oosie Imoro and Zack Hollander at the No. 5 and 6 spots. Mark Naguib, Patrick Noonan, and Nicolas Serna would all pick up 3-0 wins for the Devils.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Neal Malani (AC) - 11-3, 11-6, 11-6
- Omar Ali (DC) over Robinson Armour (AC) - 11-7, 8-11, 11-5, 12-10
- Kedar Nagaraj (AC) over Kobe Fleming (DC) - 11-5, 13-11, 11-4
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Abhimanyu Gupta (AC) - 11-8, 11-6, 11-3
- Y. Sankuratri (AC) over Oosie Imoro (DC) - 11-2, 12-10, 9-11, 11-9
- C. Sutherby (AC) over Zack Hollander (DC) - 6-11, 11-2, 11-9, 11-7
- Andrew Leung (AC) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 10-12, 11-9, 11-1, 11-6
- Patrick Noonan (DC) over Terrence Wang (AC) - 11-7, 11-7, 15-13
- Nathaniel Mosse (AC) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 11-4, 11-6, 11-0
Match Two - Red Devils 5, Bobcats 4
Inside the Match
Dickinson would secure the match with wins in the first five flights before Bates earned points at spots six through nine. Serna collected his second victory of the day with a tightly contested five-game victory over Jesper Phillips. At the No. 2 spot, Ali grabbed another win by knocking off Alec Spiro in four. Fleming grabbed his first win of the campaign with a four-game triumph over Harris Ramlee. The fourth and fifth flights belonged to Naguib and Imoro as they both picked up 3-1 victories.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Jesper Phillips (BC) - 11-3, 11-6, 9-11, 9-11, 11-5
- Omar Ali (DC) over Alec Spiro (BC) - 11-5, 8-11, 12-10, 11-3
- Kobe Fleming (DC) over Harris Ramlee (BC) - 11-9, 11-9, 4-11, 11-5
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Peter Koenigsbauer (BC) - 9-11, 16-14, 11-7, 11-7
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Sultan Hashmi (BC) - 10-12, 13-11, 11-8, 11-8
- Labeeb Ali (BC) over Zack Hollander (DC) - 11-8, 11-5, 11-4
- Jairaj Singh (BC) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-7, 11-6, 9-11, 11-7
- Garrett Wenberg (BC) over Patrick Noonan (DC) - 11-4, 11-2, 11-4
- Matthew Lazor (BC) over Sam Knipp (DC) - 11-7, 11-9, 11-8
Next on the Court
Dickinson will now be off until January 12th when they head to Annapolis, Maryland to battle the Naval Academy at a time to be determined.