CARLISLE, Pa. - The Dickinson men's squash team pushed hard all night but came up just short on Friday night in a 5-4 season-opening loss to the visiting Franklin & Marshall College Diplomats at the Dickinson Squash Center.
Inside the Match
In a night that went back-and-forth all night between the two sides, the Devils went into the No. 3's match between Kobe Fleming and Tommy Fournaris with an opportunity to go into the No. 1 match with a chance to win the night. Unfortunately for the Red and Black Fournaris was able to claim a 3-0 win to secure the match for the Diplomats. Dickinson would earn a pair of 3-0 victories themselves at the No. 1 and No. 5 flights thanks to Nicolas Serna and Oosie Imoro. At the No. 2 spot, Omar Ali dropped the first game, before rallying back in convincing fashion to win in four. Mark Naguib also claimed a four-game win at the fourth spot knocking off Teddy Eill.
- Nicolas Serna (DC) over Petr Nohel (F&M) - 11-7, 11-3, 11-2
- Omar Ali (DC) over Aryan Parekh (F&M) - 8-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-8
- Tommy Fournaris (F&M) over Kobe Fleming (DC) - 11-7, 11-8, 11-8
- Mark Naguib (DC) over Teddy Eill (F&M) - 11-9, 4-11, 11-8, 11-4
- Oosie Imoro (DC) over Jordan Sprecher (F&M) - 11-9, 12-10, 11-9
- Allen Tompkins (F&M) over Zack Hollander (DC) - 11-6, 11-3, 11-8
- F. Hinostroza (F&M) over Aidan Ray (DC) - 11-6, 11-5, 11-4
- Marco DiFilippo (F&M) over Patrick Noonan (DC) - 11-5, 5-11, 11-7, 11-1
- Evann Tan (F&M) over Samuel Knipp (DC) - 11-6, 11-4, 11-5
- Samuel Freed (F&M) over Tibbs Tibrawalla (DC) - 11-9, 11-5, 11-8 (Did not count in team score)
Dickinson returns to action tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. when they take on Chatham in the Pennsylvania State Championships at the Penn Squash Center on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania.