We are pleased to be able to allow several groups to use Clarke Aquatic Center beginning on Tuesday, June 15, 2021:
- Current Dickinson College Students
- Current Dickinson College Staff and Faculty
- Dickinson College Employee Family members (ages 16 and older)
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law Students
- Dickinson College Alumni
- Dickinson College Retired Faculty and Staff members
- Approved members of the U.S. Army War College
All pool users must submit proof of vaccination (or qualify for a college-approved exemption) through college-approved channels in order to utilize our facility this summer. Additional protocols for pool usage are listed below.
Clarke Aquatic Center Summer Hours
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm; 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Directions for Registering as a Pool User in the Summer of 2021
Those interested in using the pool in the summer of 2021 must take several steps in order to do so. Pool users must register at least 48 hours prior to initial use of the pool to ensure that the necessary systems are updated and that you have the appropriate card access.
- Email Katie McArdle, Aquatics Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate that you plan to use the pool.
- In your email, include your name and Banner ID number.
- If you do not have a Banner ID number, please indicate which of the above groups represents your status, and please include the identification number from your Dickinson College ID. If you do not yet have your Dickinson ID from card services, you must request one.
- If you also have access to the fitness center, please indicate in your email whether or not you have already completed the fitness center orientation (available here).
- If we do not already have your vaccine information on file from the fitness center orientation or from Dickinson HR, Katie McArdle will email you a link where you may securely upload your proof of vaccination in order to gain access to the pool. All current Dickinson students and employees are asked to upload through the appropriate channels provided by Dickinson.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Hours are variable and subject to change based on staff availability, facility repairs, etc. Feel free to call the circulation desk at ext. 1632 during the hours listed above to confirm.
2021 Summer Guidelines for Pool Use
Check-In & Locker Room
- All pool users need to enter the Kline Athletic Center through the Cherry Street entrance utilizing their provided ID card. The High Street entrance is not open at this time. In order to have card access to the Kline Athletic Center, you MUST register in advance (see directions above).
- Upon entering the Kline Athletic Center, walk up the stairs, past the fitness center, squash courts, etc., and through the white double doors.
- All pool users must check in at the front desk by the climbing wall for confirmation of registration and for daily screening.
- Do not come to the Kline Athletic Center or the pool if you, or any member of your household or immediate points of contact, are not feeling well. Upon arrival at the front desk in the Kline Athletic Center lobby, you must show proof of Medicat tracker green dot – or must complete the provided symptom tracker if outside of the college community.
- If the pool has not reached capacity, the front desk attendant will assign you a numbered zone in the locker room that you may use. Zones are designated to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Upon entering the locker room, you may place your belongings in the numbered zone and may use the provided locker. Pool users are not permitted to store belongings in the locker room at this time.
- You are permitted to change in your locker room zone and use the restroom facilities. No showers are permitted before/after pool usage.
- Users must wear a mask in the locker rooms and on the pool deck at all times. Do not wear masks in the pool.
- Just prior to entry, you may remove your mask and place it on one of the four benches directly behind your lane. You must put the mask back on immediately after exiting the pool and must sanitize the bench immediately after putting your mask back on.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue or your upper sleeve/arm area.
- Pool users who are not from the same household must remain six feet apart at all times on the pool deck.
- The maximum capacity of the pool at this time is 6 (six) people. The front desk attendant, pool staff, and aquatics director reserve the right to deny pool members entrance to the pool due to the pool's capacity being reached. These decisions will be made with the overall safety of the pool, college, pool users, and pool staff in mind.
- Please clean up all personal belongings when leaving the pool area and locker room zone.
- Using the provided disinfectant, pool users must sanitize any touched surfaces in their locker room zone. All items left at the pool or in the locker rooms will be discarded by the pool staff.
- Water fountains on the pool deck will be closed, but the bottle filler will be open for use.
- Lane lines will be in the pool at all times as barriers to indicate adequate social distance. Lanes 1, 3, 5, and 7 will be in use. Lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8 will not be in use.
- Pool users must remain a minimum of six feet apart in the diving well at all times. Lifeguards have the authority to indicate when the diving well is at capacity.
- Lifeguards will enforce appropriate socially distanced pool usage and capacity as necessary.
- Kickboards, noodles, goggles, pool toys, etc. will not be offered. Should you desire equipment, please bring your own. Do not share items with anyone outside of your household.