Summer 2021 Guidelines
*Please note, all participants MUST visit the card services office in the HUB to receive their own ID card. It is $10 to purchase an ID card. You must do this prior to completing this orientation. You may only use your ID number which is on your card. You will not gain entry access by using a family member's ID number.
- Contact Carly Zinn at firstname.lastname@example.org to pay your membership fee
- Visit the card services office in the HUB to purchase your ID card
- Complete the online orientation
ALL CHANGES LISTED TAKE EFFECT ON JUNE 15th
- Beginning on the 15th the following participants will be able to use the Kline Fitness Center:
o Current Students
o Current Staff and Faculty
o Employee and Alumni Family members (16 and older)
o Law Students
o Retired Faculty and Staff members
- All participants using the fitness center must be fully vaccinated or provide proper documentation regarding an approved exemption.
- All participants MUST redo the online orientation after June 7, 2021.
- Please Allow at least 48 hours for your card to be activated once the orientation is completed.
- The new online orientation provides secure space for our non-Dickinson students/faculty/staff to upload their Covid-19 vaccination documents.
- Current students and current faculty/staff will be submitting through the platforms provided by the institution.
- Occupancy is limited to 50 participants at one time. There is an occupancy counter at the front window of the fitness center.
- Certain machines will remain closed to maintain social distance.
- Masks must be worn at all times UNLESS actively training. Participants may take off masks to train.
- Each participant must check-in at the front desk of the fitness center prior to entering. Each participant must show either a Medicat Green Dot or a Green Positive from the QR symptom tracker available at the front desk.
The Kline Life/Sports Learning Center complex has served as the home of Dickinson Athletics since the fall of 1980. The building is dedicated to honoring the memory of Josiah and Bessie Kline.
The Kline Fitness Center, also referred to as the Kline Center Expansion, was completed in the summer of 2014. It provides an expansive state-of-the-art fitness facility, a five-court championship squash venue, café, outdoor basketball court, and space for social interaction and collaborative study outside of the classroom. The Kline Fitness Center is open to Dickinson community members, who complete an approved fitness center orientation.
The facility has received numerous architectural and sustainability awards in its five-year history, including recognition as a 2017 Athletic Business Facility of Merit. True to Dickinson’s focus on sustainability, the Kline Fitness Center achieved LEED Gold status in 2019, making it the sixth LEED Gold building on campus and seventh LEED certified project.